- Niece of ‘Ex-Gay’ Activist Christopher Doyle Supports His Ex-Wife’s Claim of Spousal Abuse and Calls Him ‘ill’
- The Little Engine That Could Needs You: Donate to Truth Wins Out
- CNN: New House Speaker Mike Johnson Used to Promote Conversion Therapy for Kids
- Interview: Politics Considered with Bill Gallagher Covers Lies with a Straight Face
- Michelangelo Signorile Interviews Wayne Besen on SiriusXM about ‘Lies with a Straight Face’
- How Can I Attend Creating Change on a Limited Budget?
- Sakia Gunn Way: A Tribute to a Fallen Soul
- Remembering Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Iconic Drag Performer Latrice Royale and Actor Dyllión Burnside to Host National LGBTQ Task Force 50th Anniversary Gala
- Dominique Jackson to Receive National Leadership Award
- Right Wing Round-Up: The One Day Dictator
- American Moses: Mike Johnson at the National Association of Christian Lawmakers Gala
- Right Wing Round-Up: Cryo-Orphans and Embryonic Neighbors
- Right Wing Bonus Tracks: Legalized Man-Stealing
- House Speaker Mike Johnson Will Be Honored Tonight at Christian Nationalist Gathering
Please join us in welcoming Senator Scott Wiener at our Monthly Membership Meeting on Tuesday, June 9th, 2020, at 5:30 p.m.
5:30 PM — The first 30 minutes is our “social” and we encourage everyone to speak up and let us know how you are.
6:00 PM — Meeting calls to order (agenda to be published here soon)
Please register for the meeting to receive the Zoom link and instructions:
We know the last few weeks have been challenging for many of you. Meeting in person isn’t possible or even wise at this time so we are hosting Virtual Meetings just like many other groups have started doing. Don’t let that scare you away! We are trying to make this as easy as possible.
Registration is required. It’s an extra step but we feel it’s necessary to deter troublemakers that have caused problems for other groups.
Use this link to register ahead of time for the meeting:
|April Guest Speakers:|
Phil Arballo, candidate for CA-22
Krista De La Torre, Fresno County Field Coordinator for CADEM
Fresno County Democratic Party presents:
A community talk on immigration-border issues with an introduction by Rep. Jim Costa
Giselle Gasca – SEIU Local 2015
Mario Gonzalez – Centro La Familia
Olga Grosh – Attorney
Sam Molina – Mi Familia Vota.
To RSVP call 559-495-0606 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting of Fresno Stonewall Democrats is Tuesday, August 13, at Yosemite Falls Cafe, 5123 N. Blackstone Avenue, in Fresno, just north of Shaw. Social and dinner starts at 5:30 PM, meeting is called to order at 6:15 PM.
Congressman Jim Costa, CD16 will be our guest speaker.
The Agenda will include a presentation on the Election Voter Plan by VP, Cordell Jelf, Jr. There are a lot of changes to how we will vote and we need to begin to educate the public to ensure a good voter turnout!
Mark your Calendar for October 11, Fresno Stonewall Democrats Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots and National Coming Out Day, Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara will be our keynote speaker. If you are interested in participating on the Event Committee please let a Board member know. There will be an invitation and more information coming soon!
The next FRESNO STONEWALL DEMOCRATS Club Meeting is, Tuesday, May 14, at Marie Callender’s (Cedar & Shaw) Social 5:30 PM Meeting 6:15 PM
Guest Speakers this month are Fresno City Council, District 2 Candidates: Mike Karbassi, running in the special election in August and Phil Arballo running in 2020. This is your opportunity to learn more about each of them and ask questions that are of interest to you!
FSD will consider making an endorsement for State Chair. The election will be held at the CADEM Convention, June 1 in San Francisco. You will also find LGBTQ Questionnaires distributed by the Tulare County Stonewall Democratic Club by the majority of candidates running for State Chair attached. Thank you Tulare County Stonewall!
29th Annual Fresno Rainbow Pride Festival, June 1. We are looking for members to participate in the Parade and table at the festival. This is a great opportunity for us to Register Voters and educate our community about LGBTQ issues and legislation! We have some great new FSD Pride Bracelets and FSD buttons to pass out! Please sign-up to participate.
Committee Membership – We are looking for members to serve on a number of committees, legislative, fundraising, social media, etc.
Lastly, you will find a Slate Flyer for candidates running for the LGBTQ Caucus of the State Party.
The meetings are open to everyone! However, only FSD members can vote!
Membership is $20 yearly and you must be a registered Democrat to join.
Hope to see you at the May 14th meeting!