Pastor Blames California Wildfires On Gay People In Mind-Boggling Rant
BY B. MILLER
Colorado pastor and radio podcast host, Kevin Swanson, has a history of making radical statements, especially about the LGBT community.
At a convention attended by Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee, Swanson claimed that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death.
Other outlandish claims include that Hurricane Harvey was God’s punishment for Texas not passing anti-LGBT legislation and that Frozen will turn children gay.
Most recently, Swanson used his radio show to say that the California wildfires are God’s punishment for California’s acceptance of LGBT people.
Read his full statement:
If you look at the history of California, they have been at the forefront of this.
The first gay pride march occurred in San Francisco in 1970 and then San Francisco legitimized homosexuality in 1972. In 1982, Laguna Beach, California, elected the first openly homosexual mayor in United States history. In 1999, California adopted a domestic partnership law; I believe it was one of the first in the nation to do that.
In 2005, California state legislators became the first in the nation to pass a same-sex marriage law … In 2008, the California Supreme Court then struck down Prop 22 in regard to marriage cases, and Prop 8 also was struck down later on that year, I believe.
In 2011, California became the first state to mandate homosexual indoctrination for K-8 students and then, in 2012, California became the first state to sign a ban on therapy that was attempting to convert homosexuals into non-homosexuals.
And then, in 2017, the California state schools implemented the homosexual indoctrination program … and that was the kickoff for the biggest fires that California has ever seen in its history.
So God is burning down California in 2017 and 2018 after about 25 years of leading the pack to legitimize the sin of homosexuality in that state.”
- The American Far Right’s Unseemly Celebration of the Jussie Smollett Hoax
- Milford, PA Mayor Sean Strub Calls on Google to Dump ‘Ex-Gay’ App
- In Ad, TWO Slams Google for Offering App that Peddles Homophobia to 6th Graders
- Rep. Brian Sims Questions Google’s Commitment to the LGBTQ Community After Company Refuses to Remove Dangerous ‘Ex-Gay’ App
- NY State Sen. Brad Hoylman to Google: Dump ‘Ex-Gay’ App Now
- National Call for Nominations for National LGBTQ Wall of Honor at Historic Stonewall Inn
- Winter Party Festival: February 27 to March 5, 2019 Helping the LGBTQ Community One Fabulous Party at a Time
- National LGBTQ Task Force: Don’t Give Trump A Pass on HIV During The State Of The Union
- National LGBTQ Task Force Calls for Governor Northam Resignation
- National LGBTQ Task Force Demands that Delta Apologize To Deaf Creating Change Conference Attendees
- Right Wing Round-Up: Gag Me With a Stone
- Right Wing Bonus Tracks: Kamala Harris’ Lovechild
- Religious Right Congressional Candidate Mired in Ballot Fraud Inquiry Contradicted by Son’s Testimony, Abandons Quest to be Seated in U.S. House
- Turning Point USA Chapters Call For Candace Owens’ Expulsion
- ‘One Big Donor’ Said to Be Funding Covington Kids’ Lawsuit Against The Washington Post