Pastor Blames California Wildfires On Gay People In Mind-Boggling Rant
BY B. MILLER
Colorado pastor and radio podcast host, Kevin Swanson, has a history of making radical statements, especially about the LGBT community.
At a convention attended by Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee, Swanson claimed that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death.
Other outlandish claims include that Hurricane Harvey was God’s punishment for Texas not passing anti-LGBT legislation and that Frozen will turn children gay.
Most recently, Swanson used his radio show to say that the California wildfires are God’s punishment for California’s acceptance of LGBT people.
Read his full statement:
If you look at the history of California, they have been at the forefront of this.
The first gay pride march occurred in San Francisco in 1970 and then San Francisco legitimized homosexuality in 1972. In 1982, Laguna Beach, California, elected the first openly homosexual mayor in United States history. In 1999, California adopted a domestic partnership law; I believe it was one of the first in the nation to do that.
In 2005, California state legislators became the first in the nation to pass a same-sex marriage law … In 2008, the California Supreme Court then struck down Prop 22 in regard to marriage cases, and Prop 8 also was struck down later on that year, I believe.
In 2011, California became the first state to mandate homosexual indoctrination for K-8 students and then, in 2012, California became the first state to sign a ban on therapy that was attempting to convert homosexuals into non-homosexuals.
And then, in 2017, the California state schools implemented the homosexual indoctrination program … and that was the kickoff for the biggest fires that California has ever seen in its history.
So God is burning down California in 2017 and 2018 after about 25 years of leading the pack to legitimize the sin of homosexuality in that state.”
- TWO Calls on Fort Lauderdale Mayor to Rescind Prayer Breakfast Invitation to Anti-LGBT Hate Group Leader
- ‘Ex-Gay’ Therapist Joseph Nicolosi is Dead, he was an Opportunistic Ideologue and Propagandist who Trafficked in Hate and Harm
- TWO Interviews Anthony Galloway of Equality Illinois to Discuss the Trump Administration’s Attack on Transgender People
- Truth Wins Out Interviews former White Nationalist Leader Christian Picciolini
- Strategy in the Age of Trump: Wayne Besen Interviews Nadine Smith of Equality Florida
- The National LGBTQ Task Force: Journalism Should Be Protected and Honored
- National LGBTQ Task Force Statement on the First Anniversary of Charlottesville Attack
- Trump’s pick of former Starr prosecutor, Brett Kavanaugh, is an executive power grab
- National LGBTQ Task Force statement on Kennedy exit
- National LGBTQ Task Force: SCOTUS’s ruling against labor unions is a devastating loss for LGBTQ workers
- Right Wing Round-Up: Truth Isn’t Truth
- Right Wing Bonus Tracks: ‘Your Slave Number Is Your Social Security Number’
- ‘Alt-Right’ Radio Host: America ‘Can Never, Ever, Ever, Be Too White’
- Michele Bachmann: Christian Radio Is ‘The Me Too Movement’ For Conservatives ‘Victimized’ By The Media
- More Trump Than Trump? Meet Georgia’s Immigrant-Bashing, Vote-Suppressing Brian Kemp